You will be supporting overall product launch plans and compliance initiatives for both hardware and software products. The role is based in Los Angeles, California.
Your new responsibilities
- Partner with members from the software and hardware teams throughout the product development lifecycle on a broad range of legal issues with an eye to mitigating risk.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from our software engineering and product management team summarizing and communicating concepts those groups can apply.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with user privacy, consumer protection, and advertising.
- Review, draft, and negotiate licenses and other similar agreements.
- Demonstrate successful ability to integrate and work well with legal, product management, software engineering, and other internal business partners.
- Enjoy building strong client relationships and works well with cross-functional teams at all levels – engineers, senior management and execs alike.
- Engage with outside board as appropriate.
Your awesome skills
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal departments.
- In-house experience at a technology company in a hardware product counseling capacity is strongly preferred – experience with software product counseling and privacy is a plus.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with poise in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong consumer protection, software and cloud product risk management is required.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver outstanding, thoughtful, user-experienced focused results.
- Flexibility and ability to recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments and risk tolerance with poise and patience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High integrity and excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy are essential.
- Seasoned at quickly adapting legal advice to cutting-edge, nuanced and continuously evolving technologies and product offerings.